Tuesday, September 23, 2014

奇蹟. More Miracles


But behold, I will show unto you a God of miracles, even the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and it is the same God who created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. 
And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles
Behold, are not the things that God hath wrought marvelous in our eyes? Yea, and who can comprehend the marvelous works of God?
                  -Mormon 9:11, 15-16



What are miracles? Miracles are:

- When you invite your cute 14 year old investigator to pray about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and she asks to see the pamphlet so that she can do it right then and there. 
- when you watch the same Mormon message in Chinese that you watched the night you opened your mission call 1 year ago but now you can understand every word- and read and understand more than half of the Chinese subtitles.
-Inviting a beautiful family of 4, including the mom and dad and 8 year old daughter, to be baptized on Nov 1, and they all say the most enthusiastic, "yuan4yi4!" (willing!) you've ever heard.
-the tender mercies that allow you to say without a doubt that God lives, he loves us, and is aware of our needs.
-Miracles are when the investigator you taught the Plan of Salvation to, and whose father passed away 2 years ago, attends church the following day, where the subject of the sacrament meeting primary program is the plan of salvation and that families can be together forever.
-When you have to send Sis Branch's bike before your new companion has gotten her bike from her old area, and decide you have no choice but to just walk everywhere that day- but at the exact moment you drop Sis Branch's bike off with the security guard, T-Join pulls up with your companion's bike, allowing you to not have to walk all day.
-When the typhoon holds off until you've finished proselyting for the night to pour buckets of rain.
-When a less active member of the church says, "How did you know to talk about prayer? I haven't really been praying very much lately- I think God sent you because he knew."
-A letter from home and a package from a friend just at the moment when you need it most. 

I do not believe in coincidences- I believe in miracles.

I want to tell you about just a few of the investigators we are teaching right now! 
 
1. A college student from Gaoxiong. She has a baptismal date for 10/11 but the only thing that is stopping her is that she is afraid her parents with oppose. She is 21, though, so she doesn't need their permission. But she is still scared.

2. The nephew of the member in our ward. Never thought I'd be teaching an investigator named after a Book of Mormon prophet....his aunt gave him that name when he was little. :D He accepted a baptismal date of 10/25.

3. The family who we invited to baptism on 11/1. Sis Branch and I met them last week knocking doors, and I am so so excited for them. They are in the process of moving right now, so they are busy, but I think they will make it. 

4. Our cute 14 year old investigator. She has a baptismal date of 10/18.

5. J, also 14. His mom is not at all active in the church, but supports him being baptized. He has a date for next saturday, but since he hasn't had his interview yet, we will probably push it back a week or two.

 God is so aware of Danshui....I love it here! It is the best place in the mission to serve, as far as I am concerned. :D We are seeing so many amazing things happen. I think I could stay here for the rest of my mission and I would be happy! I am so blessed.

This week I got a new companion- Sis Eley. She has been on island for 1 year, and she is really quiet. This past week after transfers was a hard adjustment for me, but this week has been one of tremendous growth. I have come to experience for myself the power of Jesus Christ's atonement, and the ability He has to fill us with charity. 

I love you all! Miracles do happen- I am a witness of it. :D

Sis Murri

No comments:

Post a Comment