Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Moving day!


I know you are all in suspense to find out about the results of transfer meeting........I moved to the beautiful north coast city of DanShui! If that sounds familiar to you, it's because a few months ago, W Mama brought us up here on a p-day! I am so in love with DanShui- it is gorgeous and the perfect mix of city and country: more city than YuLi, less city than SongShan. It is basically my perfect place! DanShui has a TON of hills- it's sort of up in the mountains- which are super fun to bike down...but not quite as fun to bike back up. :D I am so excited to be serving here- as we were taking the MRT from transfer meeting, I just felt so much peace and love come into my heart for these people. My new companion is Sis Branch, who I know from the MTC because she is one transfer behind me (she's on her 3rd transfer, so I am her "breaker")! She is the sweetest, most loving person ever, and I am excited to serve with her. 

Our ward here is amazing, we have a super nice apartment (we live on the 3rd floor of a high rise complex, we both have our own bathrooms, dark wood everywhere, two extra bedrooms that we use as our clothes rooms, a balcony, a security guard downstairs, a pool and gym downstairs- (we can't use them, but still cool). Basically, I couldn't have asked for anything more. 

I'll start with the events of the week that happened while I was still in SongShan. We met with a part member family who is so great! The wife, who is active in the church, really wants to become a "Mormon family" (that is a big deal here since most people are first or second generation members and full member families are not the majority). They asked Sis Roy and I a lot of questions about how the gospel blessed our families and what it was like to be a Mormon Family. I was so grateful for the opportunity to testify to her of the strength that comes from living the gospel as a family and the blessing of being sealed together. The husband set a baptismal date- he recognizes that his family is blessed by his wife's church attendance! I hope to find some part member families here in DanShui to work with. 

As we met with members and Less active members last week, we discovered that there are a lot of people who don't know how to read the Book of Mormon as scripture. We are really trying to help people learn how to read the Book of Mormon in a way that will actually make a difference for them, rather than just randomly flipping open to a page and reading a few verses every day. It is hard to gain a testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon or even to see how it applies to you when you approach it that way.

Since being here in DanShui, we have done some finding and met with a few investigators. I am excited to work with the people here. I think the biggest thing I have learned this week is that I don't know everything, but with God's help, I know enough. 

Love you! This gospel is the biggest blessing. I am so glad to be able to see the truthfulness of it work in people's lives.
Sis Murri

No comments:

Post a Comment