Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"talks in a high nasally voice like this..."


Nimen hao! I can't believe I only have 2.5 weeks left in the MTC! I am so excited!!!!!!! Guess that means I better start learning Chinese.....  ;D

I feel like with each week I have less and less to say because every day is pretty much the same. All of my daily journal entries have been like a 1/4 of a page this week instead of my usual 1 page- there's just not a ton of news here! 

Okay, weird experience of the week - sitting in the MTC clinic office while the lady talked to mom on the phone! It was so strange to know that she was talking to her. I decided to get an eye exam now because I have been getting headaches from not being able to see. On Monday, Sis Smith and I get to take a shuttle to go the optometrist. Everyone is jealous of us because we get to leave the MTC bubble and go on a field trip. :D

We've been teaching lots of lessons and learning lots of Chinese. I have learned a lot about myself while being on a mission- I'm confident that I've never been so aware of every single fault that I have. But actually, it's a blessing, because I know exactly where I need to improve. I have been praying to Heavenly Father to show me the way He thinks of me, and I have had several very special and sweet spiritual experiences and tender mercies that have helped me trust in the Lord and in my divine nature. 

I love being a missionary so much. It's the best thing I've ever done in my whole life. The speaker in the devotional yesterday shared some scriptures with promised blessings about missionary work. Several of them talked about our families being blessed- I hope that my family can see blessings from me serving. I know I am being blessed tremendously. It is a life changer.

I am SO excited to just get to Taiwan. I feel like I will progress much faster with the language there. Also, they have good fruit and I'll get to see the sky!! Yippee! We should be getting our flight plans in the next week or so. I am the travel leader of our group. They sent me a funny letter about how I have to count everyone at all times and in big letters it said DO NOT WANDER AROUND. There is also a part of the letter that is in Chinese with instructions so that if we get stranded, we can show it to someone so they can help us.

I am about out of things to say, but I want to end with my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I absolutely know that it is true. I have no doubts whatsoever that it is the word of God. As we have been using the Book of Mormon more in our lessons with those interested in learning about the gospel, we have seen miracles. The Book of Mormon can help us answer or overcome literally any question or trial that we have. I know that the Book of Mormon testifies of Christ and that it is the best way for us to learn of Him and develop faith in Him. One thing that I have noticed is that every time the name "Redeemer" is used, it is always preceded by "my", "your", "their", or "our". He is my Redeemer- I know that to be true! There is a literal power that comes into the life of a person who faithfully studies the Book of Mormon. I know this because I am experiencing it. I am incredibly grateful to get an hour each day to study the scriptures, If you want to come closer to God, read the Book of Mormon. If you want a testimony of the gospel or of really any subject, read the Book of Mormon. If you want to find an answer to a question or need help with something, pray and read the Book of Mormon and look for the answer. I promise you that you will find it. If you want to feel the Holy Ghost more strongly in your life, read the Book of Mormon. PLEASE! Read the Book of Mormon! Study it! Every day! Everyone is familiar with Moroni 10:3-5, but take a look at verses 6-7 "and whatsoever thing is good is just and true; wherefore nothing that is good denieth the Christ, but acknowledgeth that he is. And ye may know that he is by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore I would exhort you that ye deny not the power of God; for he worketh by power, according to the faith of the children of men, the same yesterday, today, and forever."

This is true- I know it.

Mu Jiemei


No comments:

Post a Comment